The Business Analyst offers a strong grasp of project solution design deliverables and timelines, ensuring deliverables are met. BAs independently manage large, non-standard Enterprise projects specifically with custom deliverables or non-typical implementation methodologies and have the ability to clearly define feature enhancements for the engineering team. Has strong understanding of the Core platform specifically around limitations in the functionality.
- Accountable for project solution design deliverables and timelines, with ability to manage competing priorities - ensuring that all deliverables are met, on time (or adequate communication sent); peak periods do not result in other studies being ignored; methodologies in place to meticulously QC own work and the work of implementation specialists supporting their projects.
- Drives requirements gathering sessions around Core solution design best practices and influence customers towards preferred configuration approach.
- Demonstrates confidence and composure in handling stressful situations - communicating calmly and effectively, particularly in areas of disagreement.
- Fully accountable for requirements gathering sessions and URS/user story documentation
- Identifies and drives internal process improvement opportunities.
- Clearly defines feature enhancements for the engineering team.
- Successfully works with internal groups (PM, CSM, Tech Ops, Engineering) to meet project deliverables.
- Oversees and directs Implementation Specialists and Service Partners to produce project design documentation and implement configurations
- Documents customer success criteria in line with customer business objectives and manages the customer to those objectives.
- Contributes to the development of and tracking against project plans around requirements gathering progress, milestones and targeted go-live date.
- Identifies risks to the customer achieving their stated business objectives and develops risk mitigation plans to manage the risk with Customer and Core Informatics team members.
- Provides periodic updates to customer stakeholders on the progress of the customer implementations.
- Ensures all customer communication and documentation is recorded in appropriate repositories (JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, etc.) to maintain account documentation.
- Manages customer expectations around system functionality, proposes alternatives where needed and proactively manage customer requirements sessions towards completion against project timelines.
- Participates in and oversees the development of external and internal documentation including technical and user requirement specifications, user acceptance test scripts, and standard operating procedures.
- Provides insight toward product development initiatives from information gathered from customer requirement gathering sessions.
- Assists with development of internal corporate content regarding product features and releases including our company websites, blogs, product brochures, and training materials.
- Assists the Core Informatics team with recruiting, hiring and training additional business analysts.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering) or Computer Science with prior bench research experience or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a life sciences discipline or 5+ years of experience of LIMS/software configuration or 3+ years of a combination of scientific and software experience and 2+ years of customer-facing experience.
- Experience delivering LIMS, ELN, SDMS and SDK products.
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Highly organized, creative and motivated, energized working in entrepreneurial culture, self-starter.
Please click here to email me.